Find a Dentist

Click Here to go to the ISDS website and search for dentists and specialists in the state of Illinois

According to the ISDS website, when a person graduates from a dental school, he/she is granted the degree of DDS or DMD. This refers to Doctor of Dental Surgery or Doctor of Dental Medicine. The degrees are equivalent and vary only because of the granting college or university.

A dentist holding such a degree and practicing in all phases of dentistry is said to be practicing General Dentistry, or is a General Dentist. This person is also sometimes referred to as a G.P., or General Practitioner.

Dentists may also take additional years of education after receiving the DDS or DMD in one of the recognized specialties, and receive an advanced degree in that specialty. Once this dentist passes a specialty licensing examination in Illinois, the doctor may then announce to the public that he/she is a specialist in that field.

If you are a current member, you must login at to see additional information to conduct searches on dental colleagues.

Connect With Us

Ready to come in for an appointment?
Contact us today!

Winnebago County Dental Society

The Winnebago County Dental Society represents Winnebago, Boone, and the eastern portion of Ogle County. The mission of the WCDS is to represent the members of the Society and the public we serve through communication, education and legislation.

Site Developed by

Winnebago County Dental Society - P O Box 2727, Loves Park IL 61132 - 815-298-0617